An Important Message from The Village Shops on Venetian Bay
As the world better understands and reacts to the impacts of COVID-19, the health, safety, and well-being of our customers and employees remain our top priority. Here at The Village Shops, we have taken important steps, including those recommended by the Centers for Disease Control, to ensure we limit potential exposure within the Naples community where we live and work.
We will continue to be proactive in our response to this dynamic situation. With the evolving nature of this virus, we are required to be flexible in how we respond and provide services to our loyal guests. Here are some ways The Village Shops has taken action against COVID-19.
- Two additional cleaning shifts have been scheduled, 7 days a week, with duties to continuously disinfect all commonly touched surfaces such as railings, tables, chairs, benches, bathrooms, etc.
- Wall mounted hand sanitizer stations have been added to both the north and south side of The Village Shops
- Tenants have been instructed to take caution and send home any employees who exhibit flu symptoms, coughs, colds, etc.
- Tenants are sanitizing frequently visited areas inside stores and restaurants (handles, menus, dressing rooms, countertops and displays), as well as staying up-to-date on Department of Health standards and guidelines set by the CDC
- Employees have also been instructed to refrain from handshaking – using other noncontact methods of greeting
- Social distancing is encouraged for all employees and customers when at our open air venue and while in restaurants and retail stores
- In keeping with the CDC recommendations and concern for everyone’s health and safety, The Village Shops St. Paddy’s Day Celebration has been cancelled to honor social distancing requests and refrain from hosting any events of 50 or more people
- In regards to The Village Shops Easter Jamboree and Spring Sidewalk Sale, these events will take place as planned at this time. We will be closely monitoring all COVID-19 updates and are prepared to notify all customers if any changes are made to these events
Open Air Venue:
- There is evidence that coronavirus transmission is reduced in the summer due to the hot, humid air. This provides great hope with the weather in Naples reaching back in the high 80’s and potential decrease of virus outbreaks
- The Village’s efforts to follow all guidelines combined with the benefits of an open air venue for shopping and outdoor dining naturally helps with social distancing and provides a safe and comfortable destination with gentle breezes off of the waters of the Venetian Bay and the Gulf of Mexico
- Open air and wind in your hair at The Village Shops is the perfect way to avoid enclosed spaces in Naples while still enjoying the great outdoors
- The restaurants at The Village Shops are taking all of the necessary precautions to remain in good standing with the Department of Health and the CDC during this trying time
- The restaurants are enforcing strict hygiene protocols for both employees and the sanitization of restaurants stations, tables, etc.
- All frequently visited surfaces are being vigilantly monitored, sanitized, and changed out including linens, napkins, door handles, tables, chairs, menus, check presenters, and many other high contact locations/items
- Restaurants are honoring social distancing by placing space between tables and offering several dining locations (indoor and outdoor) to accommodate customer preferences
- If you feel more comfortable dining in the comfort of your own home, M Waterfront Grille and T-Michaels Steak & Lobster House are offering curbside take out. Place an order for your favorite meal via phone and receive it without ever leaving the car!
- M Waterfront Grille 239-263-4421
- T-Michaels Steak & Lobster House 239-261-0622 (also offering free delivery to residents of the Parkshore area)
During these difficult times, we hope you and your families stay safe and healthy. Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Village Shops and please be assured that we will do everything in our power to protect and support the well-being of our beloved Naples community.